We are committed to providing you with personalized, high-quality breast health evaluations. We’re focused on ensuring that your care is comprehensive and timely — biopsy results are usually available within 24 hours — and that our dedicated staff addresses your questions and concerns.
YES, WE HAVE 3-D MAMMOGRAPHY (tomosynthesis)
A few things you need to know:
- With this technology, breast cancer may be easier to find…
- The technology is approved by the FDA.
- The radiation dose is higher; however, it is well below the amount approved by the FDA for mammograms.
- Currently, many insurance companies are not reimbursing 3-D mammography. So you will have an out-of-pocket cost of $65.00, payable at the time of your study.
We are the FIRST in the State of Virginia / City of Richmond with BREAST MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING (MRI) AMERICAN COLLEGE of RADIOLOGY (ACR) ACCREDITATION and Richmond’s FIRST breast imaging facility to earn the ACR BREAST IMAGING CENTER OF EXCELLENCE designation. VCU Breast Imaging is part of an interdisciplinary team at the VCU Massey Cancer Center that includes pathologists, surgical oncologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, plastic surgeons, nurses and geneticists — all with specialty training in breast cancer.
We are proud to announce Dr. Gilda Cardeñosa has been recognized as a Newsweek Top Doctor in Diagnostic Radiology/Breast Imaging for 2015, the only Diagnostic Radiologist selected in Richmond, Virginia.
Dr. Gilda Cardeñosa's newest publication:
Dr. Gilda Cardeñosa's presentations:
- August 3-6, 2015 - 20th Annual Mammography in Santa Fe. Santa Fe, New Mexico - 4 lectures given
- June 12-14, 2015 -
The 1st Oriental International Summit Forum on Medical Imaging,
Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China – 3 lectures given
- March 7-8, 2015 - Radiological Society of NJ Breast Symposium - 7 lectures given
- March 5-6, 2015 - Breast Imaging 2015, Naples, Florida - 4 lectures given
"My new license plate represents a small visual token of my appreciation to my great team at MCV...y'all are wonderful!"
"Efficient — they took me right on time and I was in and out in a half hour. The technologist was friendly and caring, spoke in a soothing voice, answered my questions thoroughly and even said ‘sorry’ during the tough parts. I really like the private waiting room. The whole experience was as pleasant as could be and inspired confidence in your diagnostic excellence.”
“I am getting my entire neighborhood and all friends to call and come here for everything. I’m very happy with my experiences.”
– Excerpts from VCU Breast Imaging patient satisfaction surveys.