Congratulations to Amy, Courtney and Kris, three of our technologists, for being awarded the first, second, and third annual Laura Dillard Memorial Scholarship Award in 2008, 2009, and 2010, respectively. Considerations for this award include compassion and empathy toward our patients, willingness to take on new responsibilities in the section, work ethic and the efficient production of high-quality images with a consistently low number of retakes and technical recalls. Amy, Courtney and Kris demonstrate a willingness to teach, mentor and assist colleagues and radiology technology students.
Congratulations to our technologists Courtney, Fareeda, Ayana and Theresa for passing the mammography registry in November 2008, March 2008, January 2010 and December 2010, respectively.
Courtney, Fareeda, Ayana, and Theresa continued in breast imaging after completing the VCU radiography program.
Congratulations to Lynda Giardini, RT(R)(M), VCU Breast Imaging supervisor, for being selected for "Employee Spotlight" in The Spirit, October 2010.
Congratulations to Joanne Cousins, RT(R)(M), VCU Breast Imaging manager, for being selected for "Employee Spotlight" in The Spirit, July 2009, and as radiology employee of the month in September 2008.
Congratulations to Gilda Cardeñosa, MD, FACR, selected as one of Richmond’s "Top Doctors," April 2008, and recognized as "Top Docs for Women," April 2009, Richmond Magazine, for digital screening, film screening, and top vote-getter for breast MRI.
Congratulations to Pat for being the Massey Star (Massey Cancer Center) in December 2010.
Congratulations to all staff members for their participation in the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk on October 2, 2011, October 17, 2010, October 18, 2009 and on October 19, 2008. Through a yard sale and several bake sales, the staff met their goal of donating more than $2,000 to this cause.
Congratulations to the staff for their participation in:
- Healthy Lifestyles Expo - February 4, 2012
- Healthy Lifestyles Expo - February 5, 2011
- Healthy Lifestyles Expo - February 13, 2010
- Women's Health & Wellness Symposium - June 19, 2010
- Health Fair at Stony Point Fashion Park - October 3, 2009
- Healthy Lifestyles Expo - February 7, 2009
- Gurney Tourney - September 15, 2007 and September 13, 2008
- Health Fair at Stony Point Fashion Park - October 28, 2007 and April 12, 2008
- VCU 40th Anniversary - October 25, 2008
- Race for the Cure - May 10, 2008
Congratulations to our technologist Nadeen for the following presentations:
- Learning for Life – VCU Medical Center, April 2009
- Breast self examination – Virginia State University, March 2009
- Breast self examination – Virginia State University, January 2008
- Learning for Life – VCU Medical Center, January 2008